Israel, like America, has every right to defend itself however it sees fit.
They’ve just made a strong move by identifying 20 international groups that promote boycotts of Israel.
These groups will be barred from entering the country.
Check this out…
From BizPac Review:
The Israeli government on Sunday identified 20 international organizations it says promote a boycott of Israel, and said the Interior Ministry will work to block members of those groups from entering the country.
Israeli officials said the blacklist is part of a policy aimed at turning the tables on the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement.
“We have moved from defense to attack,” Israeli Strategic Affairs Minister Gilad Erdan said in a statement, according to the Times of Israel. “Boycott organizations need to know that Israel will act against them and will not allow [them] to enter its territory in order to harm its citizens.”
Times of Israel has the full list:
• AFSC (American Friends Service Committee)• AMP (American Muslims for Palestine)
• Code Pink
• JVP (Jewish Voice for Peace)
• NSJP (National Students for Justice in Palestine)
• USCPR (US Campaign for Palestinian Rights)
• AFPS (The Association France Palestine Solidarité)
• BDS France
• BDS Italy
• ECCP (The European Coordination of Committees and Associations for Palestine)
• FOA (Friends of al-Aqsa)
• IPSC (Ireland Palestine Solidarity Campaign)
• Norgeׂׂ Palestinakomitee (The Palestine Committee of Norway)
• PGS Palestinagrupperna i Sverige (Palestine Solidarity Association in Sweden)
• PSC (Palestine Solidarity Campaign)
• War on Want
• BDS Kampagne
• BDS Chile
• BDS South Africa
• BNC (BDS National Committee)
The list will be passed on to the Interior Ministry and the Border and Population Authority, the statement said.
The groups, considered central to the boycott movement, “operate consistently, continuous and persistently against Israel, by way of pressuring entities, institutes, and countries to boycott Israel,” the statement declared.
“The activities of the organizations are carried out by way of a false propaganda campaign, aimed at undermining Israel’s legitimacy in the world.”
“Forming a list is another step in our campaign against the false propaganda of boycott organizations,” said Erdan, who is also public security minister. “No country would allow visitors who arrive to harm the country to enter it and certainly not when their goal is to wipe out Israel as a Jewish country.”
The ministry noted that last month Denmark and Norway, under pressure from Israel, said that they were clamping down on funding of Palestinian organizations that uphold boycotts, and in some cases would cancel their funding.
Good on Israel for taking a stand.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is a strong conservative leader in the same vein as President Trump. He doesn’t take guff and he’s not playing around!
[Note: This post was written by John S. Roberts]