Is Fox News imploding?
In just the past year or so we’ve seen the departure of Megyn Kelly, Greta Van Susteren, Bob Beckel, Bill O’Reilly, a suspension of Charles Payne, the departure of Bill Shine, the departure and death of Roger Ailes, and even a cancellation of the popular late-night show “Red Eye.”
In what’s being described as a witch hunt, whoever is pulling the strings at Fox has set their eyes on their latest target: Eric Bolling. He’s been suspended due to accusations that he sent lewd photos to multiple female colleagues in the past, but we don’t know who any of those alleged victims even are. The dates of the allegedly offending messages were over a decade ago. Bolling’s attorney, Michael J. Bowe, told NPR that “The anonymous, uncorroborated claims are untrue and terribly unfair. We intend to fully cooperate with the investigation so that it can be concluded and Eric can return to work as quickly as possible.”
Among those being blamed for the allegations is Michelle Fields, who used to work alongside Bolling on Fox’s show “Cashin In.” That naturally called the accusations against Bolling into question, as Fields had been kicked off Fox by Bolling not long after she made up a story about being assaulted by then-Trump Campaign Manager Corey Lewendowski. Camera footage later revealed Fields‘ narrative was a lie.
— Kambree Kawahine Koa (@KamVTV) August 5, 2017
But as it turns out, Fields has nothing to do with it.
— Michelle Fields (@MichelleFields) August 6, 2017
According to BizPac Review, Fields name was dragged into the incident in a New York Daily News article that said the Fox News host “once asked contributors Michelle Fields and Katie Pavlich to rank Democratic political perverts as though sexual perversion against women was all fun and games.”
But even AFTER she publicly denied she was an accuser, the rumor flourished online.
As for Bolling, he has plenty of defenders who say this is but a ploy by the left to shut down conservative, pro-Trump voices. Even Fields’ tweet was supportive of his character.
An added motivation, should that be true, is that Bolling, whose name was floated by the Trump transition team as a possibility for Commerce Secretary, has said the “next step” for him may be “running for Senate.”
Only one woman has stepped forward as a public accuser thus far, Caroline Heldman. Heldman, an Occidental College professor reportedly “filed a sexual harassment complaint just hours before Fox News announced O’Reilly’s departure,” according to People magazine. Now she’s back in the spotlight to make the same accusations against Bolling.
— Caroline Heldman (@carolineheldman) April 21, 2017
** Long Post, TW for Sexual Harassment**Fox News just suspended Eric Bolling pending allegations that he sent photos…
And like all of O’Reilly’s accusers, she’s a leftist.
— Caroline Heldman (@carolineheldman) June 22, 2017
In his first public comments since the fallout, Bill O’Reilly said he regrets not fighting back against the exodus of advertisers when the sexual harassment accusations began on April 1st, thanks to a New York Times story disclosing settlements he’d made in sexual harassment lawsuits against him. “Hannity actually fought back. I didn’t. I should have. For reasons that I cannot explain now, I did not.”
Bolling won’t be making that mistake:
Overwhelmed by all the support I have received. Thank you
I look forward to clearing my name asap
— Eric Bolling (@ericbolling) August 7, 2017