Earlier this afternoon Esteban Santiago opened fire in the airport in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, killing five people, and leaving eight injured.
Information is continuing to pour in about the incident, but conflicting reports about other possible dangers keep circulating.
However, there are a few pieces of information we now know about the shooter.
The Mirror reported:
Senator Bill Nelson named Santiago on news channel MSNBC, saying he was carrying military identification.
Santiago is reportedly 26 years old and appeared alone in the Terminal 2 baggage claim area wearing a Star Wars shirt.
He is from New Jersey, lived in Alaska for some time but was carrying a Florida driving licence and had a concealed carry permit for his gun, Fox News reported.
Police said they would not comment on the shooter for now and what a possible motive could be for the massacre.
Witnesses say he appeared to randomly target his victims during the shooting spree which has left at at least five people dead and many more injured.
He was stopped by authorities when he paused his killing spree to reload his gun, witnesses said.
Further, Heavy.com reports:
Army National Guard confirms to @ ABC alleged shooter Esteban Santiago honorably discharged about 4 months ago. Last post – Ft. Greely, AK.
— Stephanie Wash (@WashNews) January 6, 2017
This is truly a horrifying situation, and our thoughts and prayers should be with those who lost loved ones today and those who were present during this whole ordeal.
Their lives will never, ever, be the same.
It’s not the proper time for political pontificating. People have died and those who have survived the ordeal are scared out of their minds.
There will be a time and place for further discussion on issues pertaining to the shooting, but today is for rallying together around the folks of Florida.
[Note: This article was written by Michael Cantrell]