We’re about two weeks fully into the 2016 presidential campaign, and I just wanted to share some insights and observations, some of which I’m sure many of you’ve also noticed. I really don’t care about nasty comments, but I bet many of you have been thinking what I’m about to say.
1. Republicans are spoiled brats who throw tantrums when they don’t get their way. I’m truly perplexed at all of these Republicans coming out and saying I’m not voting for the nominee.
For years – going back to Bob Dole’s candidacy — the GOP establishment has told the people this is your candidate, quiet yourselves and get on board. This cycle the people said this is whom we choose, regardless of faults, and the GOP establishment is repudiating the selection in a very public manner
I’ll be the first to say Donald Trump can be boorish, egotistical, and often appears to be a megalomaniac. But, just like the crazy uncle we all have, he’s still your crazy uncle. Now, I do find fault with Donald Trump for being rather insensitive, dismissive and seeming to forget this is not about him, but about a nation. Yep. But with that being said, all these letters and statements of non-support are cause for concern — what is the alternative?
On the Democrat side, have we seen any of them break ranks? As a matter of fact, Bernie Sanders fell in line so fast I’m surprised he didn’t hurt himself. The Democrats stand firmly behind the most despicable individual in modern time to run for president, a pathological liar who is undoubtedly corrupt to the core. I’d prefer to do what I can to push this bloke of ours across the finish line than have a Hillary Clinton be our president.
Now, what is so hard for others to comprehend? It laughable to hear so-called Republicans say they’ll support Hillary Clinton. Apparently there are Republicans who have no problem with the decimation of our Constitutional Republic.
2. The liberal progressive media has certainly left no doubt as to their utter bias. Now, admittedly, when you know the objective of your enemy, you don’t make it easy for them.
However, as I’m channel surfing across the media outlets, there’s hardly a mention of Hillary Clinton’s emails evidencing “pay to play” between the Clinton Foundation and the secretary of state’s office. The media has proven that if you’re the one they like, abandoning Americans to die and lying about it, well, it’s just an admirable quality in a president — sitting or candidate. Can you imagine what would be said if the father of Charleston church shooter Dylann Roof was in attendance, front and center backstage, in the camera shot at a Trump rally? Yep, the leftist media would be apoplectic and calling Trump a racist — well, they do anyway.
But, you don’t hear or see any of this on the liberal progressive media outlets — right now, they’re dead set certain that Trump wants to see Hillary Clinton assassinated. And going back to my first point, Republicans are chiming in as well.
Am I the only one who finds it odd that Hillary Clinton would be attacking the one-percenters when she is certainly one of them — and what has she produced for the nation? Is not ironic that the admitted socialist, Bernie Sanders, just closed on a $600,000 lake front house? I have a small creek in my backyard that does flood now and then…good thing our home is on high ground.
Well, at least we don’t have to hear about a “war on women” this election cycle — that would be the height of hypocrisy with Bill Clinton running to be “First Dude.” Speaking of which, ever noticed how the Democrat Party for which Hillary Clinton runs as their nominee, completely rejects everything that President Bill Clinton accomplished? It was twenty years ago that ol’ Bill stated, “the era of big government is over.” But, you won’t hear the mainstream media comment on that either
3. Honestly, we should all ask ourselves, is this indeed the best America can do? We have, in a little over 200 years, gone from George Washington to Donald J. Trump and Hillary Clinton.
We’ve evolved from “I cannot tell a lie” to “I cannot tell the truth.” We’re about to select a new president based on who has the least amount of “unfavorable” — the folks down south call that a choice “between the devil and the deep blue sea.” And not for nothin’ but anyone heard from the respective vice president nominees? Heck, I vote they have three debates and Trump and Clinton be relegated to only one. Now, if this election was about policy and issues that would be a great suggestion, but this one is about cults of personality and more resembles a reality TV show. One thing is for certain — the network that lands a presidential debate is salivating for the ratings boost they’ll get.
4. The black electorate once again loses. The Dems are taking them for granted once again, and the Trump campaign is not even making an effort. Yet, it is in our inner cities where we find the greatest failures of liberal progressive policies. I would recommend Donald Trump get off the big stage of massive rallies, drop the suit, and get down to where the people are. Talk less and listen more. Go into the communities most in need of an infusion of opportunity, to rid them of the cancer of dependency. Hillary Clinton is just going to sing the same old song and it will continue to sound good to the black community because it’s the only song they hear. And as long as that’s the playlist, the black community will be the playground of broken homes, failing schools, absent economic growth, rampant unemployment and crime. Currently it’s George Soros spinning the song of despair with the choir of destructive acolytes called Black Lives Matter — an oxymoronic claim by the progressive socialist leftists.
5. And finally, will there be another scandal with military voting? I remember when I served on the House Armed Services Subcommittee on Military Personnel, we had hearings on the issue of military voting. We know the ballots were mailed out late and many didn’t end up being counted. There’s something very wrong about denying the electoral patronage of those who guard our liberties and freedoms.
It ‘s quite telling that the leftists make a very big deal about showing a picture ID in order to vote — yet they say NOTHING about our men and women in uniform being denied the right to vote. Consider this: where can you go in America regarding air transportation or renting a car without a picture ID? How many buildings in DC and New York City will allow entry without picture ID? Yet, when it comes to voting, the left want to make these inane exceptions — and as you saw with Virginia governor and Clinton corrupt crony, Terry McAuliffe, he wants to have felons’ voting rights restored — and to serve jury duty. So, where is Gov. McAuliffe on ensuring our military warriors deployed get their ballots? This is an issue I will be watching, and asking my buddies still in uniform to monitor. We here at www.allenbwest.com want to hear from y’all out there if there are issues.
So, that’s it, my top five observations so far. What are your thoughts and insights to this point?