BREAKING: Mass stabbing at Massachusetts mall…


Hours after one person was killed and three injured in a stabbing attack in Germany, we’re just learning of stabbing incident closer to home.

Multiple outlets are reporting multiple casualties after several people were stabbed at a mall in Taunton, Massachusetts, approximately 40 miles south of Boston and 18 miles (29 km) east of Providence, Rhode Island.

Via Fox News:

An assailant armed with a knife stabbed at least four people at a mall in Taunton, Massachusetts Tuesday night before he was shot and injured at the scene.

Early details were sketchy, including reports of a brawl.

Massachusetts State Police media communications director Dave Procopio said several of the victims at the Silver City Galleria may have life-threatening injuries.

At one point during the incident, the suspect drove a vehicle into the front of the mall’s Macy’s department store, he said.

“At least one stab victim was stabbed there. Others may have been stabbed beforehand,” Procopio told Fox News.

The mall has been evacuated, police told CBS Boston.

No word yet on the motive for the incident or the identity or condition of the assailant.

The earlier stabbings in Munich, Germany, was apparently carried out by someone with “Islamist background,” shouting “Allahu Akbar” (“God is great”) as he started stabbing passers-by — however, some were blaming “mental health” instead of Islam for that incident.

We have no particular reason at this point to suspect Islam in the Massachusetts incident. We’ll certainly monitor the situation for more information.

We do, however, have reason to believe a gun — yes, a GUN — may have saved lives in this instance.

UPDATE – via necn:

Two people are dead after a stabbing and shooting at a mall and a home in Taunton, Massachusetts, and their attacker has also been killed after being shot by an off-duty police officer, state police said.

Sources tell necn FBI counterterrorism is “not concerned” right now. The suspect’s motive remains under investigation.

Police said there is no continuing threat to the public. No further information is being released at this time. The Bristol County District Attorney’s Office is now handling the case.

[Note: This article was written by Michelle Jesse, Associate Editor]


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here