Chilling: Here’s how the San Bernardino massacre went down…and who shot first

On the morning of Wednesday, December 2, Tashfeen Malik and her husband, Syed Farook had orange juice and paratha bread for their very last breakfast on Earth. They may have also popped a few Adderall and Xanax pills to calm their nerves.

According to the Daily Mail, “At 10.30am on the day of the attack, Farook had walked out of his office, at the Inland Regional Centre, San Bernardino, to return home to pick up his wife as part of a carefully orchestrated plan.

The couple left their six-month-old baby with Farook’s mother, telling her they were popping out to a doctor’s appointment.

Instead, they returned to the health department dressed in black and wearing tactical vests, carrying AR-15-style assault rifles, 9mm pistols and more than 1,600 rounds of ammunition.

Witnesses say Farook appeared to hesitate, possibly daunted by the idea of killing his co-workers or trying to find Massianic Jew Nicholas Thalasinos, 52, who he was said to have argued with that morning.

His wife Malik took the first shot, opening fire at a group who were gathered around a Christmas tree.

Some dived for cover and hid beneath tables, while the lucky ones fled to safety.

Farook joined his wife in the shooting and as they left, they tried to detonate a remote-controlled bomb which failed to explode.

The couple fled the offices in a rented 4×4 and were able to avoid the police for four hours before they were finally tracked down.

Witnesses say Farook had been driving while Malik crouched in the back seat and fired at police through the shattered back window.

They also threw a pipe bomb at the tailing police cruisers before police caught up and the pair were killed in a gun battle.”

We know how the rest of that story ended.

But how exactly did it begin? As the FBI tries to piece together how a shy couple became cold-blooded murders, a theory is emerging that it was Malik who was the brains of the operation.

“Malik’s relatives describe how she turned from the Westernized daughter of a rich family to burka-wearing jihadi bride after she appeared to have become radicalized while studying pharmacology at Bahauddin Zakariya University in the city of Multan, Pakistan.

After two years of attending the university, starting in 2007, she began posting extremist statements on Facebook, her relatives said, adding that it was a cause of concern for her family.

According to the LA Times, a relative of Mailk’s in Pakistan, who asked not to be named, said Malik would stay up late chatting to someone in Arabic.

‘She started taking part in religious activities and also started asking women in the family and the locality to become good Muslims,’ they said. ‘She started taking part in religious activities of women in the area.

‘She used to talk to somebody in Arabic at night on the internet. None of our family members in Pakistan know Arabic, so we do not know what she used to discuss.’

Malik met Farook on an online dating site and the couple married last year in Islam’s holy city of Mecca in Saudi Arabia, according to Farook’s co-workers.

She arrived in the U.S. wearing a hijab and accompanied by her then husband-to-be and his mother, on July 27 last year on a fiancee visa.

By the time her flight from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, arrived at Chicago’s O’Hare airport the FBI and US Department of Homeland Security had already carried out background checks but had found no indicators of terrorist activities.”

Yes, we have rigorous vetting processes already in place. Nothing to worry about folks. Do not submit to fear.

[Note: This article was written by Michele Hickford]


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here